- Vacuum your carpets regularly. Most carpeting requires vacuuming only once a week, but areas that receive heavy foot traffic may require more frequent vacuuming.
- Vacuum with the pile of the carpet to remove soil near the surface, and then go back against the grain to remove deeper embedded particles.
- Place indoor and outdoor mats at every entrance to your home. This will help reduce the dirt and silt that’s tracked in onto your carpet. Be sure to clean your door mats periodically to keep them working for you.
- Treat stains and spills immediately! This includes foods, beverages, pet stains – anything that’s spilled or dropped on your carpet. The longer a substance stays on your carpet, the more it will penetrate the carpet fibers.
- Brooklyn Carpet Cleaning professionals recommend that you occasionally rearrange your furniture. This helps prevent heavy traffic patterns from wear and heavy soiling.
When Accidents Happen
- Remove any solid materials, such as pieces of food, immediately.
- Using a clean white cloth such as a kitchen towel, try to soak up as much liquid as possible and remove it from the carpet.
- Spray spot remover or carpet cleanser directly onto the area until it is wet.
- Let the spot remover or cleanser stand for one to three minutes, so it can loosen any dirt. The cleanser needs to be absorbed into the affected carpet fibers.
- Using another clean white cloth, gently wipe the carpet to remove the spot, starting at the edges of the affected area and wiping toward the center. Repeat this process, applying spot remover and cleaning the area, as needed.
- Once the area is thoroughly clean, blot it again using another clean white cloth to absorb any remaining moisture.
Brooklyn Carpet Cleaning recommends using a good quality vacuum cleaner. Your carpeting is a major investment, and the less expensive vacuums tend to pick up only surface dirt. This “light cleaning” is not sufficient to prolong the life and beauty of your carpeting over the long term.
Always test your carpet for colorfastness in an inconspicuous area (such as inside a closet) before using spot removers or carpet cleansers. Ask us for recommendations about placing area rugs on top of your carpet.
Don’t stop with vacuuming the top! You should vacuum the underside of area rugs periodically to remove any loose dirt that may have filtered through the rug fibers on top.
Regular vacuuming is an effective way to remove most of the soil, sand, and dust that gets tracked onto your carpets. But professional cleaning every 12-24 months is also needed to remove oily, sticky substances, including cooking vapors and other residues, which also accumulate on your carpet. These oily substances actually attract dirt and break down your carpet fibers, causing them to look dull and worn. Brooklyn Carpet Cleaning professional staff can advise you on specific treatments and the best care for your carpets, rugs, and other furnishings in your home.
Get Your Free Estimate Appointment Now!
or Simply Call Us at (718) 569-0830